Thursday, November 15, 2007

Living and Working as a Composer

Check out this article by Alex Shapiro about living and working as a composer:
www.newmusicbox.org/article.nmbx?id=5330

Then check out her website:
www.alexshapiro.org

So much of what she has to say really resonates with me, and the breadth and quality of her online audio samples are an inspiration to those "schizophrenic" composers like me who write musical theater, atonal piano solos, theatrical sound designs, chamber works, opera, art song... etcetera! Her writings and output make me feel justified in "dabbling" stylistically, especially at this stage in my career.

Maybe I'll just read her blog instead of writing my own... Just kidding! More substantive posts are still swimming around in my head, I promise. I just haven't had time to fish them out yet. But soon. Soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment