Tuesday, April 14, 2009

BEDA Day 14: Signed, Sealed & Delivered

DC-area Composers: If you need scores bound and/or copied, consider this:

Today I was going to blog a brief analysis of my Darwin tribute piece, Generations (see BEDA Day 13). Instead, I'd like to give a brief review of a business.

While on my way to FedEx Office downtown (formerly FedEx/Kinko's) to have my 11"x17" full score for Generations spiral bound, I walked by a small and relatively new shop two blocks from my house.

Signed, Sealed & Delivered is a sign and copy center located at 3746 10th Street NE in Washington, DC. For the locals, this is right next door to the Cardinal's Nest, about 3 blocks from campus.

I had an oversized score spiral bound, which cost $4.50 - comparable to FedEx Office, but a lot closer to CUA. Also, the staff was very helpful and friendly, and they even stayed 10 minutes past closing to help me. I will definitely visit them again.

As a bonus, I discovered that Signed, Sealed & Delivered is operated by The Arc of DC, an organization that aids mentally challenged individuals and their families by providing them with jobs and other support. So not only is this a great place to bring your business, it's also good for the community.

If you have any sign/copying/binding/trophy/etc. needs in the Brookland area, I hope you'll look them up and see what they have to offer. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. This is great! I love finding little shops like this. And I've heard of "Arc" communities in other places. Jean Vanier is the one who first conceived of them: mentally handicapped people living in daily life with a small community of helpers. I definitely support your patronage there. :o)

    ReplyDelete