Saturday, July 10, 2010

Celebrating the premiere

What a fantastic opening on Thursday! I've yet to come down from the rush of energy and happiness that came with that final downbeat - realizing that the show had gone very nearly how it plays in my head. The music, movement, visuals, and pacing were all great!

I am constantly reminded of the skills and artistry of so many people around me, and of my diligent but ultimately fruitless efforts as a composer. What I've dreamed, tinkered with, and polished since February has been shaped into a work of art I could never create on my own. For that, and for the people whose skills and efforts make it possible, I am so grateful. This is truly why I got into composing.

Now all we need is an audience who, drawing courage from larger numbers, will applaud after the important arias. Who's coming Tuesday?


In other news, I ran 7.2 miles today in one hour! What fun, having that luxury again.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be there Tuesday... I'm hoping to bring some friends too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Looking forward to it! :)

    ReplyDelete