Sunday, April 26, 2009

BEDA Day 26: More of Me

Just a quick note before I rush off to this concert...

The CUA Women's Chorus, which commissioned my carol Christmas on the Plains for their 2008 Winter concert, will again be performing one of my works tonight. They have worked up a two-part women's chorus version of the "Reflection Duet" from my music The Eden Diaries, with stage action and everything.

This is the same work that has, since its creation in 2007, been featured at venues such as Ward Hall (the premiere), the Kennedy Center (a concert reading), the John Duffy Composers Institute, and the 2009 CMS Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference.

I'm excited to hear (and especially see) it again this evening! The highlight of the evening is Mother Blood, a choral suite extracted from the 2005 opera The Furies by my teacher and advisor Andrew Simpson.

CUA Women's Chorus Spring Concert, Ward Hall
Sunday, April 26, 2009, at 7:30pm
(free admission)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You're getting some mileage out of that piece. I remember when you were dreaming it up. Hope the concert goes well, and I'm looking forward to hearing more. Do you have it recorded?

    ReplyDelete