Monday, April 6, 2009

BEDA Day 5: Bad Habit Ultimate

Eight hours late, but I haven't forgotten about BEDA. Before the music discussion, though, here's a mini-report on the weekend playing Ultimate with CUA's team Bad Habit.

We had mixed success this weekend at Sectionals, but things ended on a positive note with an honorable and hard-fought 14-13 loss to Salisbury. I'm very proud of the team turning things around to make the race for 7th place worth watching. The sports' camaraderie, challenges, and team chemistry (both on and off the field) make CUA Ultimate one of the most rewarding activities I've ever been a part of.

I'm thankful for Natalie getting me in to running, and for keeping me coming to frisbee in undergrad. My main contributions to the team - speed and endurance (somewhat) - were entirely developed in those earlier activities.

Lastly, barring my late introduction into the professional bowling circuit (haha), this season probably marks the highest level of sports competition of any kind that I'll ever see. I may not be around DC next fall, and I likely won't be taking enough credits in the spring to play in Sectionals. I'm looking forward to continue playing with Bad Habit and in local leagues while I can, but I know I'll miss this. Thanks for a great 2-4 years, everyone. Despite a rough win-loss record this year, they've each gotten better in my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on a great weekend performance! It sounds like whatever the finishing place, you all had fun playing the games together. I remember your delight in Ultimate from undergrad, those few times when we actually played together. Kudos to you for sticking with it, and I'm glad you're finishing competition on a high note.

    What have you got in the works for this fall? Trip away from DC?

    ReplyDelete