Thursday, September 30, 2010

Busy Business

What a busy time!

My "real job" (doing scheduling for a local energy efficiency company) got really hectic the past couple of days. Speaking of "real jobs," I hope to get one soon! By soon, I mean in the next 3-15 months. I recently began sending out my first of many applications for music theory/aural skills/composition teaching jobs at colleges and universities across the country. Wow, that search deserves a blog in itself, but I don't have time to write it. Anyone else want to write it for me?? Wish me luck!

Also, I recently returned from the CMS National Conference in Minneapolis, MN. It was such a great experience, and I learned a whole lot in five days. Grant writing, Max/MSP, effective classroom strategies, composition pedagogy, and more!

I'm just about learned out. Speaking of, my final dissertation composition, tentatively called cold.flat.still, is now in-progress. It's a 10-minute work for standard full orchestra that traces an aural geography of Minnesota. At least, that's the idea so far. More thoughts to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment