Wednesday, June 29, 2011

2011 SCI/ASCAP Student Composition Commission

Does good news come in groups? Here's the first. I just found out that my opera Oblivion is a regional winner for the 2011 SCI/ASCAP Student Composition Commission! It's one of 2 works selected from our Mid-Atlantic Region. All 18 Regional winners now move on to national adjudication and a chance for a cash prize, and a commission for a new work to be performed/recorded/published. Pretty sweet deal!

For those that don't know, Oblivion is an one-act opera that premiered at the 2010 Capital Fringe Festival in DC. Back in 2008, my art song in memoriam Hibakusha received the same SCI/ASCAP regional honor. Keep fingers crossed that Oblivion goes further. Either way, what a nice way to cap off my career as a student composer!

Speaking of both composing and careers, I will have more news this week. Check back!

1 comment:

  1. I love it when individuals come together and share
    opinions. Great website, stick with it!
    Also visit my web site :: perfumes originales

    ReplyDelete