Saturday, July 2, 2011

Composing and Careeers

Alright, here's the news, times two:

1.) Today I completed The Two Coffins for tenor and grand piano. It's an art song written for my friend and colleague Timothy Ballard, who is slated to give its premiere in September. This is the first piece in my CC21 Project, which uses Creative Commons as a marketing tool to generate performances in 21 states over 21 weeks. Click through to read about the project and download the PDF score for free! (Contact me for performance info.)

2.) Today I received my official offer letter from the University of Texas at Tyler, where I will be starting as an Assistant Professor in Music Theory and Composition in August! Five weeks left of summer teaching, one week to move, and one week to orient myself before the real thing begins! Here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment